How to get to Milan: Malpensa Airport Transfer – A comfortable and stress-free trip
Malpensa Airport is one of the largest airports around Italy’s fashion capital and getting there can be a real challenge for newcomers. The transfer from Malpensa airport to Milan or Merano will help make the trip pleasant. Fast and reliable way will be the best solution for those who above all value comfort.
Cab or shuttle service: which is the best way to get to Milan?
Daily traffic of passengers at the airport is huge, so you need to take care beforehand how to get to Milan. There are several ways to travel from Malpensa:
- Bus. This is the most common option, which distinguishes affordable for everyone. Its disadvantage is a limited operating time and the need to purchase a ticket in advance – if you arrived in Malpensa at night, to get to Milan by bus will not work;
- Train. This type of transport has a comfortable, and therefore convenient for trips with children. Among its advantages should be noted the peculiarities of the route – the train can go not only to the train station, but also to the next station Cadorna. The disadvantages are its duration, as well as the inability to leave from Malpensa Airport to Milan from 01:00 to 05:00 hours;
- Cabs. Compared to public transport, this is the easiest way to get to your destination. You can book a Milan Malpensa Airport taxi at any time of the day – a comfortable car will take you quickly to Milan, without stopping. The cost is the only disadvantage of individual trips. A cab will cost several times more than a train ticket;
- Transfer. This is probably the most convenient option for a trip from Malpensa airport. The advantage of choosing in favor of ordering a car is the speed – you do not have to wait for a free driver or make transfers on the way to Milan. In addition, unlike the usual cab, for a transfer characterized by a personal approach – the driver of the car will meet you with a sign, will help with loading luggage, as well as with the delivery and booking a hotel room. Despite the level of service, the price of such a trip is not much more expensive than the services of a private carrier
- If you have small children, traveling in a large group or with a lot of luggage, and also like comfort and value your time, the most convenient option would be to pre-book a transfer to Milan or Malpensa airport from Elite Royal Car. Any client of our company can order a fast track for express customs clearance.
- In addition, you can be sure that if you order a trip to Milan by shuttle service, you will get a new executive class car with a spacious clean interior, WI-FI and the ability to charge your gadget.
Malpensa Airport’s service is well thought out down to the smallest detail. You can choose from a variety of services:
- Comfortable lounges to wait for the shuttle bus or transfer;
- VIP Lounges;
- Luggage storage areas in Terminal 1;
- Cart rental and cargo packing;
- Playgrounds for children in both terminals;
- Mother and baby room;
- Interactive games area;
- Free Internet;
- Postal Services.
While waiting for their transfer or cab, passengers can grab a bite to eat in the restaurants and bars, sampling Italian specialties as well as experiencing a variety of cuisines from around the world. Many establishments offer menus for health food lovers.
DUTY FREE in Malpensa
Malpensa is a convenient airport for shopping. There are two largest duty-free stores, where passengers can buy not only clothes and shoes, but also cosmetics and food at very good prices. DUTY FREE operates around the clock throughout the year.
For example, inexpensive branded items are sold at the duty-free store, which is located near the departure area, in Terminal 1. Souvenirs, liquor and other merchandise can be purchased at DUTY FREE located in Terminal 2, on the other side of the airport.
In Terminal 1, on the second floor in Departure Area A, next to Door 17, you can buy tax free items from the following systems:
- GLOBAL BLUE;
They can be easily found by the color of the signs in blue, yellow, and green, respectively. If VAT is reimbursed by these companies, the money will be refunded on the spot in cash or on a bank card.
If you need a customs inspection or a stamp on your invoices before your trip to Milan, Customs is also located here – near Row 12.
Malpensa is Italy’s second largest air harbor after Fiumicino in Rome. The airport is located near the small town of Busto Arsizio. It serves direct and connecting flights from almost all countries. The annual passenger traffic is more than 30 000 000 people.
Malpensa Airport is located 45 kilometers from Milan. Its complex includes two terminals, working around the clock.
- Terminal 1. On the second floor is the departure area, on the first – the arrival area, it is divided into two groups:
- Zone A is for local airlines and Schengen destinations;
- Zone B serves intercontinental flights, including those from Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, America, Australia, China, UAE, England and Singapore, etc.
- Terminal 2 is designed to serve EasyJet.
A free shuttle runs between terminals.
Terminal 1 serves such scheduled flights:
- AIR ALGERIE;
- AIR CANADA;
- AIR CHINA;
- AIR FRANCE;
- AIR MOLDOVA;
- AIR SERBIA;
- AMERICAN AIRLINE;
- AZERBAJAN AIRLINE;
- BLUE PANORAMA;
- BRITISH AIRWAYS;
- BRUSSELS AIRLINE;
- BULGARIAN AIR;
- CATHAY PACIFIC;
- CSA CZECH AIRLINES;
- EL AL;
- IRAN AIR;
- KOREAN AIR;
- OMAN AIR;
- SAS SCANDINAVIAN;
- SINGAPORE AIRLINES;
- TURKISH AIRLINE;