About Davos Resort
The largest Swiss resort Davos is located in the canton of Graubünden. The city is popular not only for its ideal slopes with excellent pistes for skiers, but also for the presence of prestigious world-renowned medical centers.
Davos is a part of the premium Best of the Alps club. The altitude difference is from 1,120 to 2,844 m. The alpine skiing season starts in November and ends in April.
The prepared routes are located between Davos and Klosters Resort. The skiing areas are 320 kilometers long and are located in six areas:
- Jakobshorn has blue and red trails. There are few difficult routes, the slopes for fans are filled with exciting drops in altitude and unexpected crossings. This is the most popular area for snowboarders;
- Parsenn is famous for its black slopes and exceptional off-piste skiing areas. The area is connected to the Gotschna area;
- Pisha area is great for freeride, but only if there is a stable snow cover;
- The areas of Rinerhorn and Schatzalp are suitable for beginners and fans of quiet skiing, and will also appeal to freeriders;
- In the Rinerhorn area there is a famous 3,500 meters long toboggan run. In this area are organized delightful skating at night. After the exciting slopes the tourists are welcomed with a barbecue downstairs.
According to the difficulty level, the slopes are divided as follows:
- 60 км – for beginners;
- 142 км – for skiers with an intermediate level of skiing;
- 118 км – for professionals;
- 75 км – for cross-country skiers.
Elevators and ski passes
The ski areas of Davos and Cloisters resorts are connected by a free shuttle bus service. To serve the slopes built 56 elevators:
- 12 cabins;
- 9 chairlifts;
- 35 rope tow lifts.
You can buy a ski pass for just one skiing area, or you can buy a season pass that covers all areas. Pensioners and children are offered discounts.
For lovers of outdoor activities
Those wishing to diversify their leisure time can take advantage of the resort’s popular programs:
- Playing curling;
- Sleigh rides;
- Skiing on snowboards;
- Hiking, for which there are 111 kilometers of trails.
There are five snow parks around the resort, and the local slopes are considered ideal for freestyle skiing.
There are ski schools for children, where experienced instructors can teach them the basics of skiing. There’s also a special skiing area.
Entertainment and nutrition
For those who like to diversify their leisure time, the resort opened the largest European skating rink. Nearby in the village of Monstein, ten kilometers from Davos, there is a famous brewery, which uses for its brewery water from the mountain springs.
In the town there is a huge number of catering establishments in different price categories. Internationally renowned DJs perform in the clubs, and live music evenings are organized.
The spa town is famous for its healthy air, which heals bronchopulmonary, allergic and skin diseases. In the vicinity there are a lot of hospitals and sanatoriums specializing in these areas.
Where to Stay
Tourists can find quite a few places for comfortable accommodation in the resort town. There are various kinds of hotels and apartments, guest houses and chalets situated near the elevators and shuttles.
Depending on the category of apartments, guests of the tourist town may be offered breakfast or full board. There is Wi-Fi internet access and storage for sports equipment in almost every accommodation option.
How to get there
Davos is 242 kilometers from Aeroporto di Milano-Malpensa. Transfers from Elite Royal Cars can save time. On the way tourists spend only 3 hours.