About Grindelwald Resort
The small Swiss town of Grindelwald, located in the Bernese Oberland, has become a real gateway to the popular Jungfrau ski region. Beautiful areas, perfectly groomed slopes attract tourists from all over the world.
Grindelwald is located at an altitude of 1,034 meters. The altitude difference is 1,034 m to 2,970 m. Skiing season starts at the end of November and ends in April.
Grindelwald is a paradise for fans of winter sports. These slopes are perfectly prepared not only for skiing. Snowboarders discovered the luxurious terrain and off-piste slopes.
On the slopes of the tourist town, an area of more than 50 hectares, 51 slopes of more than 200 kilometers have been prepared. Of these:
- 30% for beginners;
- 50% for intermediate level;
- 20% – for professionals.
The most popular trails are:
- Slow Slope –designed for slow skiing with a speed of no more than 30 km per hour. They are located in the Grindelwald-First;
- Inferno is a picturesque route of 15 kilometers. The starting point is Schilthorn Peak, the end point is the Lauterbrunnen Valley;
- Lauberhorn is the longest downhill course with a length of 4,455 meters.
For those who like to vary their leisure time there is:
- 20 kilometers for cross-country skiing;
- 80 kilometers for hiking trails;
- 60 kilometers for sledging.
Night skiing for beginner skiers is held on Thursdays. Moreover, you can go down from slopes not only on skis but also on snowmobiles and snowboards.
There are ski schools near the resort that will teach skiers to improve their skills and become confident skiers.
Elevators and ski passes
The whole territory of the resort is interconnected with a chain of lifts. Overall there are 47 elevators, including rope tow elevators, gondola lifts, and chairlifts. In order to use all the benefits of the resort, you need to buy a ski pass upon arrival. The price depends on the age of the guest and the number of days of stay.
Resort town has prepared for its guests a lot of entertainment, which includes not only active recreation, but also more relaxing types of leisure:
Each month there are exciting events in the town:
- In January, there’s a festival where craftsmen carve stunning sculptures out of the snow;
- In February there is the spectacular Velogemel snowboarding tournament;
- In March there is the Snowpenair music festival;
- In June, artisans create wonders with natural materials as part of the Landart festival;
- In July there is a bright festival with dancing and playing national instruments.
Grindelwald is a paradise for gourmets. There are more than 50 restaurants with a wide variety of dishes from all over the world. Many of them regularly receive coveted Michelin stars. At night you will not be bored, the doors of bars and cafes are open to lovers of nightlife.
Where to stay
Grindelwald has a wide range of hotels and private apartments and chalets at various price ranges to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
How to get there
Grindelwald is located 290 kilometers from the international airport of Malpensa. It is more convenient to get to the resort town by shuttle bus. Tourists spend on the road only 3 hours. Travel time in a comfortable car fly quickly, surrounded by mountain ranges and beautiful nature.