About La Thuile in Aosta
La Thuile – a small town located at an altitude of 1,441 m in the valley of Aosta at the foot of Mont Blanc. The main feature of the ski resort is a wonderful combination of quiet village life surrounded by modern architecture. The slopes of the ski resort are not easy, beginners here will be quite difficult, but amateurs and professionals will have unforgettable rest. The season starts in early December and lasts until April. La Tuille guests are attracted by the opportunity to visit the slopes of La Rosier, a French resort, which is part of the Espace San Bernardo ski system. An extended network of ski elevators is built for this purpose.
The integrated skiing system offers more than 150 km of professionally prepared pistes, located at an altitude of 1450 m to 2650 m:
- 35 routes for beginners and amateurs;
- 32 medium-difficulty trails;
- 13 trails for extreme skiing of professionals.
The biggest route is 11 kilometers long. Black slopes pass from the mountain Le Suchet (2 200 m) to the locations of Diretta and Tre. For intermediate skiers are suitable routes in the area of Petit Saint Bernard (2 188 m). The slopes are located in the picturesque mountainous beauty. Fans of flatter and longer trails will appreciate the route that begins on the mountain Chaz Dura (2,579 m), passes through Petit Saint Bernard, Les Suches and ends in the town. Permanent snow guaranteed by 400 cannons installed along all routes.
For more than fifty years the resort has a ski school, with experienced instructors who will quickly put on skis and teach to ski, and adults, and children. It is located at an altitude of 2 200 m in Les Suches in front of the elevator. The school also offers guides for off-piste skiing.
There are 37 elevators in the combined San Bernardo ski system, including chairlifts, rope tow lifts, ribbon tracks and one telecab carrying up to 3,000 people per hour.
La Thuile, like the entire Aosta Valley, has a single resort pass. For children and seniors there are discounts.
For lovers of active recreation
In addition to skiing tourists are offered a variety of options for outdoor activities:
- Snowpark with ski jumps, rainbow, is at an altitude of 2,200 m in the area of les Suches. There is a separate ski area for kids and beginners;
- Another snow park with different levels of difficulty is located in the red trails area on the French side of La Rosière;
- Heliski at an altitude of over 3,000 meters. This sport is officially allowed in the Valle d’Aosta only when accompanied by guides and in suitable weather;
- Snowkiting. The only unique zone is located on the border between Italy and France at an altitude of 2,188 m in the valley of Piccolo San Bernardo. Experienced instructors will help you improve your skills;
- Cross-country skiing on circular flat trails surrounded by pine forests. The longest route is 7.7 kilometers, the shortest – 1 kilometer;
- The skating rink with a capacity of up to 60 people is located in Faubourg. Not only free skating, but also mini-hockey tournaments take place on the artificial field.
Children will be interested to visit the winter park, which is located in Entrèves.
The resort town is not particularly luxurious. The main emphasis of local hotels and apartments make on an excellent price + quality ratio. Numerous restaurants, cafes, bars and nightclubs are always ready to please their guests with national cuisine or the delights of the peoples of the world.
How to get there
The distance from Malpensa to La Thuile is 224 kilometers. If you like comfort, it is advisable to pre-book a transfer from Elite Royal Cars. Travel time is 2,5-3 hours.