About the resort of Livigno
Livigno – the sunniest alpine ski resort, located at an altitude of 1 816 m in the Italian valley in the northern province of Lombardy near Switzerland. Many call Livigno the picturesque Tibet for its perfect resemblance to the Himalayan plains and slopes.
Heavy snowfalls are the main reason to come to Livigno. The season in Livigno is from October-November to May. The main advantage of the resort is a high level of service and reasonable prices.
The altitude difference on the mountain slopes is 1,800 – 2,900 m. The skiing areas are formed by Mottolino (2,402 m) and Carosello (2,797 m) peaks.
For skiers is prepared:
- 115 kilometers of slopes, of which the blue ones are 30 km, the more extreme ones are 85 km;
- The biggest piste is 6 km long;
- 4 snowpark;
- Trails for Fatbike and cross-country skiers;
- Biathlon and ski arena.
Comfortable skiing conditions are provided by abundant snowfall and 110 cannons located on almost all slopes. 7 schools and 150 instructors will prepare beginner skiers to conquer the heights in just a couple of days.
Skiers accustomed to conquering new peaks can take advantage of a helicopter cab service for a single ski pass that takes them to neighboring alpine resorts, including St. Moritz, in just a couple of minutes.
A total of 33 elevators with a capacity of 47,300 people per hour will take tourists to the mountain peaks. Ski passes work from 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Children under 8 years of age can use the elevators for free. On Thursdays, ski elevator #23 extends the hours of operation to 22 hours.
The resort is famous for its democratic prices. In Livigno of 105 hotels, most of the category 3 * and 4 *, and opened 1,600 apartments.
More budget options:
- 30 2* hotels;
- 25 hostels;
All provide storage facilities for equipment and gear. 4* and 5* hotels have wellness areas, swimming pools and saunas.
- In Livigno everything is created for a comfortable stay with kids of all ages:
- Open hotels and apartments;
- A special menu for children in cafes and restaurants;
- Operate two kindergartens, where teachers will take care of kids over three years;
- Open special ski schools for children, where the skis put children from three years;
- On the slopes are allocated safe places for children;
- Near the elevators are equipped with playgrounds with trampolines, slides and swings.
Be sure to visit the water park with slides of different levels of complexity, spray park and a pool for kids. Children under the age of eight are admitted for free.
For lovers of delicious and varied food there are 92 restaurants offering Italian and Alpine cuisine. For gourmets there are gastro-tours by snowmobile to the mountain huts, where you can taste venison and mushrooms, taste local dairy products and cheeses.
Tourists should definitely visit the MUS museum, opened in a 4-story house. Visitors will learn about the local customs, everyday life and traditions of the past.
How to get there
Livigno is located 250 kilometers from the international airport of Malpensa. The most convenient and fastest way to get to the resort is to take a transfer from Elite Royal Car company. The travel time is about 3-3,5 hours, surrounded by beautiful mountainsides and beautiful nature.
In addition to skiing on the mountain slopes for fans of extreme and active recreation developed a variety of programs:
- Helicopter and paraglider flights;
- Horseback riding;
- Training on the high mountain slopes;
- Nordic walking in groups and individually;
- Rent of snowmobiles and skates;
- Go-karting and riding on specially prepared tracks on Fatbikes;
- Mountain climbing with an instructor;
- Driving on ice.
Livigno’s main trend is permitted freeride. An avalanche forecast is published daily, giving up-to-date information on weather conditions for safe skiing.
The resort belongs to the duty-free zone. In Livigno there are 250 boutiques and stores where you can buy brand name clothing, jewelry and accessories, perfumes and spirits, ski equipment at tax-free prices.